10. This sport is f***ing expensive!
9. The Secret to Being Thin is the 90/10 Rule. It’s 90% diet, 10% exercise.
8. The Secret to a Bikini Body is the 90/30 Rule. OMG you have to diet and work out 120%!!! Holy s**t I LIVED at the gym the last three weeks.
7. When you are tanning on a tanning bed, you have to rotate like a rotisserie chicken or else your sides will look white.
6. When you are on your heavy lifting days, listen to 2Pac. Sometimes a mommy just needs her gansta rap. Thug life baby.
5. Strike a Pose! It’s all about swagger and sassiness. And I learned that…um… I got no game. So I bought a Cardio Strip Tease DVD at Wal-Mart and that did the trick. Totally fun, only $7, and…um…my husband likes it too. Hee hee
4. If you are married and your husband doesn’t want to pay for the training sessions, tell him that training for this will make you look like a Victoria’s Secret model. That really worked for me.
3. This is a mental game. I thought body building was just about lifting weights. It’s not. It requires focus, self-discipline, and mental strength to push you beyond all limits. And when you do break through your mental blocks, my God, do you feel powerful.
2. Don’t try this alone. You need a trainer who knows about competitive body building. And if you are like me, it helps to hire someone who is a hardass, like Daniel.
1. Train to Win and when you walk on that stage, no matter what the judges say, just know you have already won.
Sheslosingit.net (c) 2012 Lisa Traugott. All rights reserved. No portion of this blog, including any text, photographs, and artwork, may be reproduced or copied without written permission.