I’m super excited! I’ve been nominated by Erin @ Happier, Healthier, More Fit Me , for The Very Inspiring Blogger Award!
So, what I have to do is….
- Display the award logo somewhere on the blog.
- Link back to the blog of the person who nominated you.
- State 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award and provide links to their blogs.
- Notify those bloggers that they have been nominated and of the award’s requirements.
So, here are 7 Things About Me….
1. Housework is tedious and soul crushing so I like to wear my wedding tiara when I do it; that way I can pretend I am a princess.
2. FREE! FREE! FREE! On my blog http://www.sheslosingit.net I posted the main diet that helped me drop from size 12 to size 5 in one month. Click on the page FREE! The Bikini Diet. I made it free because it sucks to feel uncomfortable in your body and I know other people out there are just looking for a meal plan to follow. Enjoy!
3. I used to be an actress. My biggest claim to fame was playing Paula on “Buffy the Vampire Slayer.” It was five lines in the Season 4 episode titled, “Beer Bad.” The reason I remember this so well is because I still get $3.64 royalty checks for it every quarter.
4. St. Patrick’s Day is one of my favorite holidays, not only because I’m part Irish, but because it is the anniversary of my first date with my husband, Henri. We went to a Mexican restaurant because nothing says, “St. Patrick’s Day” like a taco.
5. Every birthday I like to do something that scares the hell out of me. This year I 1-started a blog, 2-shot a gun, 3-entered a bikini competition at age 38 weighing 150 lbs. (I’m still 38 but now I lost 50 lbs!)
6. I am a Tiger Mom. My oldest child, Rylee Brianna, bore the brunt of this. My husband and I were that crazy competitive couple at Gymboree class. Rylee did her part by being the first kid to roll over, the first to stand, the first to crawl and the first to walk in the class. But she was not the first to sit up. That was Hailey. And she was 11 days younger than Rylee! How could this happen? Henri and I looked at each other. Our eyes narrowed. “Bring it on, Hailey!”
7. My uber trainer is Daniel Rufini. He is scary and mean. Ok, he’s not mean, but he totally intimates me. He would send me texts if I didn’t update my food journal. He would call me out for cheating on my meal plan or not doing EXACTLY what he wanted me to do on my exercise schedule. At first I tried to avoid him like the plague but then I realized that the man lives in the gym. He sleeps on the treadmill and his pillow is a 50 lb. weight. So I stopped fighting him and now I can wear a bikini. Go figure.
That’s enough about me…now for my 15 favorite blogs…
1. http://lesleycarter.wordpress.com/ – a/k/a Bucket List Publications. This lady does EVERYTHING!
2. http://www.thebookdoctors.com/blog – Arielle Eckstut and David Henry Sterry tell you step-by-step how to get your book published while making you laugh out loud. I met them last year when I was marketing my book, “Mind Your Manners Minnie Monster” and they were the ones who suggested I start a blog. Thanks guys!
3. http://www.facebook.com/LisaHiltonFitFabulousAlmost40 – Lisa Hilton is a fitness competitor I met at the Adela Garcia Classic last week. She is a very inspirational lady and her posts are so much fun!
4. http://peonut.com – Amy, a 20-something, writes about exercise and diet in a way that makes you fall off your chair laughing. Love it!
5. http://richdad.com – Robert and Kim Kiyosaki of Rich Dad/Poor Dad fame give advice to get ahead financially. I read the Rich Dad book when I was a receptionist and followed the real estate advice and now my husband and I work for ourselves and own a 27-unit apartment building and do flips on the side. Thanks, Rich Dad!
6. http://cristianmihai.net/about/ – A good blog about writing and publishing e-books
7. http://urbanwallart.wordpress.com – Urban Wall Art and Murals – interesting art work with a city vibe.
Sweaty Girl Confessions – a hilarious blog written by two 20-something’s about everything there is to talk about!
9. http://blog.deirdreryan.com – This is my friend Deirdre’s blog. She is an excellent photographer and is trying to get enough “likes” to qualify for a $250k business grant, so please check out her site!
10. http://strongfitbeautiful.wordpress.com – Trainer blog with fitness tips
11. http://carolinepoephotography.com – She’s a great photographer and did all the cover photo and headshots for my blog. Thanks, Caroline!
12. http://starfall.com – This is an AWESOME website if you have kids learning how to read. It’s FREE and teaches phonics, spelling, math and reading via fun games and songs. You can also get an upgrade for $35 for the year and get access to tons more math games that covers addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, etc. (Yeah, you know Tiger Mom got the upgrade!)
13. http://www.cribnoteskelly.com/ – a Mommy blog with book reviews and links to interesting articles.
14. http://www.thedailyshow.com/ – Jon Stewart cracks me up!
15. http://www.muscleandfitnesshers.com/blogs/ann-titone/laughter-good-health – This is a good female body building website. Ann Titone wrote a good blog about laughter.
That’s it. All done! I hope you get a chance to check out some of my favorite blogs. They are eclectic and fun!
Sheslosingit.net (c) 2012 Lisa Traugott. All rights reserved. No portion of this blog, including any text, photographs, and artwork, may be reproduced or copied without written permission.