OMG! I am so delinquent on these Fitness Cheerleader Blogger Challenges! Here is my training schedule for the Texas State Naturals Championship for female bodybuilding (bikini division):
- Monday: Shoulders/Abs
- Tuesday: Legs
- Wednesday: Back/Abs
- Thursday: Shoulders/Chest/Triceps
- Friday: Hamstrings/Glutes/Abs
- Saturday: Arms
- Sunday: Off
Cardio – Stepper 45 minutes at level 7, 5 days per week. (Off days are usually Sunday and one of the leg days)
Operation Ass Lift – 400 lunges with 50 lb. bar, 5 days per week (Off days are usually Sunday and one of the leg days)
This is my (ha, ha) light schedule, as I am 8 weeks out from competition. Somewhere between weeks 6-4 the following things get added into the schedule:
- More cardio. Depends on how my body looks, but I will probably have to do another 30 minutes of cardio. My trainer, Daniel, might give me different cardio to do too. Last time I had to do sprints, for example.
- Tanning. Yes, tanning. I will go to a tanning salon 2-4 times per week, for about 20 minutes, to get a base tan so the spray on tan sticks better the day of the show. There is actually a trick to this: you have to turn around like a rotisserie chicken so you don’t have funny tan lines.
- Posing classes. Yeah, I said it. Someone has to teach you how to be sassy in 5″ heels and a bikini. Each division (bikini, figure, fitness, physique, etc.) has their own poses to learn and it’s way harder than it looks! I started practicing on my own in the Group X room at the gym yesterday. Got some interesting looks, let me tell you!
So that’s my training schedule. How about you?
Sheslosingit.net (c) 2012 Lisa Traugott. All rights reserved. No portion of this blog, including any text, photographs, and artwork, may be reproduced or copied without written permission.