Oh Fitness Cheerleader, please excuse my tardiness on all your blogger challenges! How did it get to be day 21 already? I’m sure it should only be like day 8 or something…
5 New-To-Me Health Foods
Well before this year I pretty much ate like crap, so everything is new to me. Here’s what I learned to love:
1. Sweet Potatoes. They ROCK! I can eat 5 oz. of sweet potatoes with 5 sprays of I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter with meals 3 and 4 and can even have a sweet potato pancake with cinnamon for breakfast. Morning bliss. Ahh.
2. Protein Pudding. This is really one scoop of Dutch Chocolate Isopure Protein Powder plus a little crushed ice and a slash of water. It makes me feel like I’m eating dessert with my family when actually I’m being quite healthy.
3. Eggs. Ok, these are not new to me but since I have to eat them all the time I better commit to loving them. I can have egg whites and salsa for breakfast if I’m not in a pancake mood. By the way, want to be my egg sponsor? 😉
4. Quinoa. Gluten-free and packed with protein it has a nutty flavor and tastes great. I even ate it in the off season.
5. Stevia. I’m not sure this counts as a food or not, but I love it. My friend Dave W. introduced it to me when we stayed with him this summer in CA. It’s made from a root, so it’s natural, and is sweet like sugar but has zero calories.
What about you? Do you have some new-to-you foods you’d like to share?
Sheslosingit.net (c) 2012 Lisa Traugott. All rights reserved. No portion of this blog, including any text, photographs, and artwork, may be reproduced or copied without written permission.