If you read any of my diet cheating posts (there are a lot of them) you will note that my culinary palate is about as sophisticated as the average 8 year old’s.
So, in honor of keeping it real, this is a list of all the crap I ate this week:
- 1 box Hostess cupcakes (8 in a box)
- 1 bag of Halloween candy (Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Kit Kats, Hershey Bars)
- 1 case (12-pack) of Diet Coke
- 1 box Lucky Charms (Henri bought that randomly because it was on sale, but God, it was good.)
- Homemade mac ‘n’ cheese
- 2 bags potato chips with garlic dip (shared with Henri over the week, so I guess I only officially ate 1 bag.)
- 1 bag chocolate chips (I was going to try to make “clean” chocolate chip cookies with oatmeal flour but then decided I didn’t need the extra flour and sugar when what I really wanted was the chocolate.)
- Cupcakes baked with my kids. We made 24, I probably realistically ate about 10 over 2 days.
- Fettuccine Alfredo, bread, Caesar salad
- McDonald’s (6 pc chicken nuggets, fries, Diet Coke, 3 cookies)
- 2 pieces fried chicken
- 1 cocktail (Captain Morgan’s rum and Diet Coke)
- 1 small size Marie Calendar’s chicken pot pie
But, there were also signs of progress this week (if you can imagine.) See, after my first show I went off the deep end and dove right into a bucket of fried chicken to the point where I was hurting myself. By the end of that week my legs had swollen up from all the excess sodium and water retention. For that show I went from 100 lbs. on show day to 123 lbs. a week later. The only reason I stopped there was because Daniel told me I wasn’t allowed to go over 125 lbs. It took me about two weeks of eating clean and cardio to bring me back to a reasonable 112 lbs.
This time around, yes, I clearly ate a wide variety of junk food, but I also ate healthy foods too. I stuck to oatmeal and eggs for breakfast. My snacks also included Greek yogurt, fresh fruit (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries,) rice cakes with peanut butter and almond milk. My lunches stayed pretty healthy too: chicken, sweet potato and veggies.
Also, this time around I only took one day off from the gym. I slept in the first few mornings and did my workouts later in the day, but I was still there.
Yesterday I worked out for the first time with my new trainer, Mel. I did the cardio boot camp and it felt great. Those of us from the posing team were comparing notes about all the crap we ate this week and joking how we all baked and entertained as much as we could, knowing that we would start eating clean again.
So, if I were to grade myself on my dirty eating vacation week, I think I’d get a C+. The junk food portion was clearly an F, but the exercise and clean eating between the junk redeemed me a bit.
How about you? If you got a fitness report card what would your grade be?
Sheslosingit.net (c) 2012 Lisa Traugott. All rights reserved. No portion of this blog, including any text, photographs, and artwork, may be reproduced or copied without written permission.