I seriously need to update my iPod. I’ve been feeling a little down today, so here is my list of random songs that make me happy and some day I will add to my playlist:
- Theme song from Rocky. My favorite Rocky movie was Rocky III with Mr. T, ’cause Mr. T just messes with Rocky’s head until the very end when Rocky is in the ring beating the crap out of Mr. T with blood and sweat dripping down his face and Rocky says, “You ain’t so bad! You ain’t so bad! My grandma hits harder than you!”
- Stuck in the Middle With You. Reservoir Dogs soundtrack. It’s a pop bubble gum favorite and the part where they sing “please” ever so deliciously slowly is pretty sexy. If you are dancing in a club it’s a nice break in the song to kinda do a dirty dancing type move. Just sayin’.
- Speaking of Dirty Dancing…Time of My Life is not exactly a workout song, but I love the entire movie. From “No one puts Baby in a corner!” to the lift at the end. Oh hell, you had me at “I carried the watermelon.”
- And from the other side of the planet – Eminem‘s” Lose Yourself” from 8 Mile. It’s so gritty and tough, I love it. I also like “Love the Way You Lie” featuring Rihanna. Yes, it is a messed up song. Yes, I still like it.
- Big Country by Big Country. (I love things that are easy to remember.) I always liked the song, especially the verse, “In a big country dreams stay with you/like a lover’s voice across the mountainside…” I close my eyes and my own dreams echo back to me.
What are your Top 5 songs?
Sheslosingit.net (c) 2012 Lisa Traugott. All rights reserved. No portion of this blog, including any text, photographs, and artwork, may be reproduced or copied without written permission.