My birthday is February 2 (Groundhog’s Day.) Every year on my birthday I like to do something to scare the s**t out of myself so I feel alive. So I usually begin to blend New Year’s Resolutions with my Birthday Scare Goals. Here are both*
Birthday Scare Goals (Do Not Start until February 2, 2013):
- Skydive. I will do this first, so if I die I will not have to do the other two things, which are much scarier in my opinion.
- Learn to speak Spanish fluently. Sure, I took Spanish in high school like everyone else, but unless I’m drunk and in Italy arguing with the people next to me in a discotheque I totally can’t speak/understand the language and am very, very self conscious trying to practice it.
- Math. Sometimes my daughter’s first grade homework puzzles me. That’s sad. I don’t expect to be the Goodwill Hunting kid by the end of the year, but simple addition/subtraction in my head might be nice.
New Year’s Resolutions:
- Cook. This is scarier to my family than all the goals stated above because, well, I can’t cook. But I’m not just going to cook normal things: I’m going to cook “clean eating” things. ALL YEAR.
- Come in 5th Place in a Figure Competition. Because miracles can happen.
- Use up all the moisturizer in my house. Because dry skin can happen too.
- Do a Spartan Run so my friend Alexis stops calling me a wussygirl.
- Do a Zombie Run ’cause…Zombies….right?
What are your resolutions? Do you do any birthday scares yourself?
*Note – I will reblog this same post on my birthday because I’m lazy like that.
Sheslosingit.net (c) 2013 Lisa Traugott. All rights reserved. No portion of this blog, including any text, photographs, and artwork, may be reproduced or copied without written permission.