I’ve been nominated for six (6) blogger awards! You might be saying, “Bully bully for you, Lisa, but why should I read this post?” Well, because I’m going to write about 7 things you might find useful. Things like top-secret diet tips, how to stop your toddler mid temper-tantrum and the winning lottery numbers. (For the lottery numbers, you just have to send me links to your personal bank account so I can forward them to this prince from a country in Africa…)
Thank you to the following blogs for nominating me: Gluten Free Muscle, Annely’s Fit Mama, Mommy Verbs, Hangry Hippo, Angie’s Food Adventures, and Eye Dancers. These are terrific blogs that I follow and hope you check them out and enjoy them as much as I do! Blogger awards are meant to encourage people to continue writing and to help promote other blogs just getting started. The Rules: 1) Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their site, 2) post the award on your blog, 3) write 7 things about yourself, 4) nominate other blogs.
7 Things You Might Find Useful
- Vodka removes the stinky smell from clothing. This is a throw back to my actor days. My friend worked in the costume department for the movie Ethan Frome starring Liam Neeson and Patricia Arquette. Everyone in the movie wore wool sweaters. Film lights are very hot. You do the math. She said they had bottles and bottles of vodka to spray on the sweaters because it took away the stink, dried fast and didn’t stain the cloth. I tried this trick on the following items: My prom dress, my favorite suit jacket and my favorite running sneakers. It worked. (If you are going to try this trick at home, start with an old T-shirt or something. I’m not sure how well it works on all fabrics.)
- Hate the taste of water? Try Crystal Light. They come in a variety of flavors (I like raspberry lemonade) and they are only 5 calories.
- Toddler fighting you? Offer him a false choice. Instead of saying, “Ready for bath time?” to which he will respond, “NO! NO! NOOOOOOOO!” Try this: “It’s bath time. Do you want to walk to the bath like a puppy dog or hop to the tub like a bunny rabbit?” Trust me – this trick works.
- Want more “likes” on your Facebook page you have for business? Log into your personal page. Click on that circle icon and click on your business page. Click on Build Your Audience. Click on Invite Friends. (Note: This is helpful if you already have tons friends and are just trying to build your business page. If you are like me starting completely from scratch on both personal and business pages, it helps to beg for “likes” on your blog. That’s pretty classy too.)
- Feeling hungry? Drink a glass of water and wait 10 minutes. You might be thirsty but your body reacts the same way. Still hungry? Try a piece of sugar free gum.
- Feeling depressed? Eat a tuna sandwich or salmon. They are fish filled with Omega-3 DHA, which helps your brain function properly and will give you a mood boost. Still feeling depressed? Help someone. By helping others you feel better about yourself and get a little perspective about your own problems.
- Laughter is good for you. Here are some funny movies (in no particular order): The Hangover, Borat, Dumb and Dumber, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Bridesmaids, Office Space, Shaun of the Dead, South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut, and Austin Powers. Here are some funny books: “Bossypants” by Tina Fey, “The NEW New Rules” by Bill Maher, and “My Point…And I Do Have One” by Ellen Degeneres.
Now here are the blogger awards I’ve been nominated for and my list of other blogs I am nominating in kind. If your boss doesn’t monitor your computer at work you should check these out when you don’t feeling like working:
Hope you found this post helpful and congratulations to all the nominees!
P.S. – Please “like” my FB page! http://www.facebook.com/ShesLosingItnet
Sheslosingit.net (c) 2013 Lisa Traugott. All rights reserved. No portion of this blog, including any text, photographs, and artwork, may be reproduced or copied without written permission.