Normally I write three (3) monthly goals and actually complete 2 of them, or a 67% success ratio. In honor of April Fool’s this month I tried something ridiculously insane and wrote up thirty (30) goals. How did I do? Well, let’s look at this nifty pie chart I made at 2 a.m. because I sleep never:
So then the question becomes, is it better to attempt a few goals because I have a higher closing rate (67% vs. 40%) or is it better to increase the volume of attempted goals because even though the percentage is lower the actual results are better (12 completed goals + progress on 7 goals vs. 2 completed goals total)? I will have to ponder this at 2 a.m.
Here’s a breakdown of how I did:
April’s Seriously Way Too Long List of Goals That Will Never Possibly Get Done But We’re Trying It Out Anyway Goals
- Stick to my meal plan. Did two major nose dives. Read here: Evil Chocolate Bunnies, How Do You Handle Stress
- Make my own You Tube channel, or whatever it is you’re supposed to do with You Tube beyond watching cat videos. My neighbor set up a Vimeo account for me. I still don’t know how to use it. But she was able to post the flashmob dance from my trainer’s wedding, which was pretty cool. Guess what? Almost 5,800 viewed it on Facebook! How cool is that? See the video here: Flashmob Fiasco.
- classes again? Nope. Way fun but time consuming and an added expense.
- Practice figure poses. Nope. Will start next week for sure.
- Start the Does opening the box count as progress? Yeah, I didn’t think so either. Spanish DVDs. Become fluent enough that I can start a bar fight with a local while vacationing in Cabo.
- Organize business office. Hahaha, oh come on.
- Purge office files. Did not happen.
- Make . I FEEL SO BAD ABOUT THIS ONE!!!! My daughter has like 8 full blown 8 x 11 books for each holiday. My son was born and celebrated Christmas once, but that’s it for his photo documentation. books
- Did I mention I’m a Sweat Pink Ambassador now? I need to post the button on my blog. Haha, funny thing about links…they expire! Who knew? So I had to request a new link and I’m such a dork.
- No TV all month! With this many goals who has time for TV, right? Well once I told myself I couldn’t watch it, I just HAD to watch Mad Men, The Tudors and House of Cards. I know. I’m a rebel without a cause.
- Get 7-8 hours of sleep every night…starting tomorrow. Let’s face it, I’m not good at going to bed.
Print snarky T-shirts for the blog. Wear them. Prove that guerrilla marketing works.
- Do one (1) un-assisted chin up (this is a throw-back to my December uncompleted goals) You can read about it here: The Legend of the 4 Minute Mile
- Read 7 books. I read 4 books by comedians and 3 cookbooks.
- Now that I’m a personal trainer – Get some clients. Save the world from . I have three clients and they are pretty cool women. They have already lost some weight and inches and I am very proud of them.
- WRITE, WRITE, WRITE! /Find an editor for my memoir. I have a meeting set up with one editor next week and am scheduling phone interviews with two more. “She’s Losing It!” the book will be a reality in a few months (knock on wood!) As for writing, I had so much fun this month! Here are some of the creative writing posts in case you missed them: Turning 40 Sucks, The Break Up, Facebook for Middle Aged People.
- Go back to my 5 a.m. workout schedule at . I’m baaaaack! . I miss my friends
- Interview people at the Texas Shredder. I wrote several posts and put some albums up on my facebook page. Will continue to post more stories as time permits. Here’s one: Texas Shredder Classic 2013 Winners
- I’ve been nominated for 6 more blogger awards. I need to write the corresponding posts. Whoomp! Here it is: 7 Things You Might Find Useful
- Write MS post for Deirdre. Yep! Read here: 3 Fundraising Ideas
- Find baseball little league for little man. Indeed. Yankees here he comes.
- Make my meals in advance every Sunday. Yes!
- Cheer on my daughter at Splash-n-Dash. You bet! Read here: Little Champions
- Start cooking dinner for my family every night again. (I fell off the cooking bandwagon.) I did cook several clean eating recipes this month. Some nights I cooked, but tacos and spaghetti isn’t exactly “clean”. The rest of the time I lovingly poured the low fat milk into their Raisin Bran cereal.
- Clear out the playroom/all closets. Make millions at the corresponding garage sale. Did not a) clean the playroom or b) have a garage sale but I did c) clean one (1) closet and I’m not even pregnant, so that counts as a HUGE victory in my book.
- Force my husband to start exercising again. I signed him up for 10 training sessions with my trainer’s husband, Chantry. So I made progress but Henri still hasn’t set up the first meeting. You can lead your hubby to the treadmill, but you can’t make him run, know what I’m sayin’?
- Figure out what the Twitter “ I participated once. means” and participate each Friday
- Get some more sponsors. I’m in negotiations right now with a potential sponsor. Wish me luck!
- Get 1,000 “likes” on FB. I have 826 likes now. That’s really close to 1,000 so I’m pleased with the progress.
- Use up at least 3 more bottles of moisturizer. (I’m a hoarder.) I used two bottles. My skin is silky and soft now, thank you for asking.
Did you have any goals for April? How did you do? (Don’t worry, I won’t ask you for a pie chart…)
Sheslosingit.net (c) 2013 Lisa Traugott. All rights reserved. No portion of this blog, including any text, photographs, and artwork, may be reproduced or copied without written permission.