James Gandolfini, who famously played Tony Soprano, died yesterday at the age of 51 from a heart attack. He was in Italy with his family for a film festival.
As a Jersey girl, I LOVED the Sopranos. I used to get excited just hearing the theme song and watching him drive on the Jersey Turnpike because I recognized all the places on his route home. Everything about the show held my attention. It was funny and honest, brutal and sad. Cast members looked like normal people and not Hollywood starlets.
Plus he had great lines like, “I wipe my ass with your feelings!”
He was a great actor and I’ll miss watching him perform. His early death is also an unfortunate reminder to take care of your heart health. Here are:
5 Tips to Prevent Heart Disease
- Don’t smoke or use tobacco
- Exercise for 30 minutes a day
- Eat a heart-healthy diet (low in fat, cholesterol and salt and rich in fruits, vegetables and whole grains)
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Get regular health screenings (blood pressure, cholesterol and diabetes screenings)
Did you watch The Sopranos? What’s your favorite Tony Soprano memory?
Sheslosingit.net (c) 2013 Lisa Traugott. All rights reserved. No portion of this blog, including any text, photographs, and artwork, may be reproduced or copied without written permission.