At the start of each month I write up goals and then check back at the end of the month to see how I did. Here were my stated goals and the results:
Goals for June 2013:
1. Do my best at the 2013 Adela Garcia Classic. Learn from whatever feedback I receive from the judges.
2. Enjoy a well-deserved dirty eating vacation week then get back into my healthy lifestyle.
3. Do some mid-year planning and evaluation. Am I living the life I want to live? If not, what do I need to do to fix that?
1. Everyone asked me, “Did you win at the Adela?” What are the best euphemisms to express, “I lost…badly”? My patented answer is, “I had fun.” Other options include, “I got my ass kicked, but at least now I have an ass to kick” and “Define ‘win’…” But here’s the thing – I truly did do my best, I really did have fun and I’m in the best shape of my life. I know what I need to work on to improve and I’m excited to start training for my next competition. Is my physique award winning compared to the woman standing next to me? Nope! Not yet. But is it better than where I was last year at the same time? Hell yeah!
Also, this is totally cool for me, my pictures ended up in two online magazines!!! (Muscular Development and RX Muscle) I didn’t even know about the second one until I Googled myself for the link to the first one. So, all I’m saying here is I lost, but I kinda won too. 😉
2. Dirty Eating Vacation
Week, 3 Day Weekend, Back to “Week” Again, No, I’m FOR REAL eating clean now, Did you know they serve chocolate cake with ice cream in the Houston airport? Oh my. I was psyched to eat junk all week, then after two days decided I was done. Then I went to the FitBloggin’13 conference and dirty eating vacation week was back on. Sort of. I did include vegetables and soy products in my culinary array. Summary: “I used to be indecisive, but now I’m not sure.”
My trainer put me back on the January sugar detox meal plan. (I’m really no good on my own.)
3. Mid-year planning/Am I living the life I want to live? Short answer: yes. My husband and I are focusing on growing our business and planning how we want to spend our time on things important to us and our family. We are excited about the future, and is there really anything better than that?
How about you? How did you do on your monthly goals?
Sheslosingit.net (c) 2013 Lisa Traugott. All rights reserved. No portion of this blog, including any text, photographs, and artwork, may be reproduced or copied without written permission.