Do you ever fantasize what it would be like to have a home gym? I’m not talking about a bench press in the garage either, I mean like a high-end, just won the lottery home gym. These are some of the features my dream home gym would have:
- Exercise machines of various sorts. At a minimum I’d need a squat rack, padded bench, and cables with attachments for lat pull downs and such, and weighted plates
- Free weights including dumbbells, kettlebells and barbells
- Magic Mirror on the wall that tells me I’m the fairest one of all.
- Wet bar filled with fluffy towels (must be white), really good magazines and fancy spa-like water. Spa-like water contains slices of fruit or cucumber so you are extra refreshed. I’m not sure who cuts the fruits and veggies. I’ve often wondered if anyone actually eats the floating fruit or is it just given to someone’s pet dog, Fifi? But is fruit even good for dogs?
- Jacuzzi. This is a must.
- Cardio equipment is pretty standard in a gym, but I would specialize it by putting a lion behind the treadmill as I ran, but, you know, only on sprint days. Also, I would only hire Vegan lions.
- Massage therapist. A lot of former actors are now massage therapists. Did you know that? As I am a huge supporter of the arts and personal massages, I would to hire the actor playing Superman, Henry Cavill, to be my massage therapist. It will take the Man of Steel to work out the knots in my back. (Designing an imaginary home gym is very stressful.)
I guess instead of actually building the gym, I could go back to The Nines in Portland, Oregon and use their gym, which is where I took all the pictures. But that’s a pretty long plane ride every day. *Sigh*
How about you? What would your dream home gym look like?
Sheslosingit.net (c) 2013 Lisa Traugott. All rights reserved. No portion of this blog, including any text, photographs, and artwork, may be reproduced or copied without written permission.