This Saturday is the Texas State Naturals natural bodybuilding competition. “Natural Bodybuilding” means that all athletes are drug tested; no steroid use is allowed. I’m super excited, not only because 5 amazing women from my team, Mel’s Machines, will be competing, but also because I will be live tweeting and posting on FB for the entire event.
If you’ve never been to a show before, here are…
Top 10 Reasons Why You Should Check Out a Bodybuilding Show
10. Seeing hundreds of athletes on stage in posing suits and bikinis will inspire you to stop eating potato chips
9. It’s fun to see people painted orange with spray on tan
8. Think you can only grow muscle by taking steroids? You’ve got another think coming! All athletes at the Texas State Naturals are drug tested.
7. Eliminate the excuse, “I can’t be fit – I’m a mom.” Many of the contestants are mothers, some with babies even!
6. It’s ok to giggle at the poses. All the contestants do!
5. Did I mention there are really hot guys on stage? Eye candy, people!
4. Eliminate the excuse, “I can’t be fit – I’m too old.” There are women and men in their 50’s and 60’s on stage, looking strong and fabulous.
3. I will be covering the event and just might interview YOU!
2. Did I mention that the women not only look hot in bikinis but also wear 5″ heels? And swagger?
1. It is totally fine to speak like Arnold Schwarzenegger throughout the entire contest.
Here is the information:
- Texas State Natural Championship – Saturday, November 2, 2013
- Pflugerville High School – 1301 Pecan Street West, Pflugerville, TX
- Prejudging starts at 9 a.m., Finals are at 6:30 p.m.
- Tickets range from $15-$60. Click here to buy tickets: TICKETS
Hope to see you there! FYI – I will be re-posting about Bodybuilding Basics on my FB page and Twitter handle all week leading up to the event, so if you are interested in learning more about this crazy sport, feel free to check them out.
How about you? Ever want to enter a bodybuilding contest?
Sheslosingit.net (c) 2013 Lisa Traugott. All rights reserved. No portion of this blog, including any text, photographs, and artwork, may be reproduced or copied without written permission.