It’s that time of month…time to see how I did on my goals. Here’s how I did:
- Sleep 8 hours per night. Result? No, but I can explain with two very important words: Breaking Bad. If you saw the last episode DO NOT TELL ME HOW IT ENDS, OR I WILL END YOU! Henri and I started watching from the beginning and we are on season 3 now. We were just going to watch one episode per night but that easily turned into two or three, so I don’t get to bed until 1 a.m. and I’m as addicted to this show as Jesse is on smack.
- Get caught up with my blogging. I’ve interviewed some really interesting people and read some good books. Now I have to write the posts! Result? Yes!
- Organize my office. This has been a recurring goal throughout the year; perhaps this will be the month it gets finished. Result? Progress. Got caught up on my filing and at least sorted the piles of papers into different boxes. And they are very professional looking boxes I put together myself, I might add.
- Increase my flexibility. Result? Yes! This has actually been the most fun one to work on. I’ve been doing a combination of Pilates, yoga, and dance stretching almost every night for the past two weeks. I am most certainly more flexible than I was before, but it will take about 6 weeks of daily concerted effort to be able to do splits, which is the ultimate goal, so I can compete in a Fitness competition next year. (Wish me luck with that one!)
- Work on at least one (1) of my 2013 New Year’s Resolutions this month. Result? Yes! One of my goals is to do a Zombie Run. My concern (beyond, obviously, annihilation by the undead) is that I will injury myself during the obstacle course. So how did I handle this situation? Well guess who is going to be a ZOMBIE!?! Yes! I get to chase down other runners, so I get my cardio on, but don’t have to swim through blood pits. Added bonus? Henri is going to be a zombie with me. The couple that eats brains together stays together.
How about you? How did you do on your goals?
Sheslosingit.net (c) 2013 Lisa Traugott. All rights reserved. No portion of this blog, including any text, photographs, and artwork, may be reproduced or copied without written permission.